NEW DELHI: Smartphone maker OnePlus is all set to launch its next-generation OnePlus 9 smartphone series today). Just a few hours ahead of the new launch, the company has started rolling out Android 11 update for its OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro smartphones.
The company has not officially announced the Android 11 rollout, but some users have reported that they have received an OTA update for Android 11. Along with the Android 11 update, all four smartphones will get OxygenOS 11 and security patches for the month of February.
The update will also enable the smartphone users to experience Android 11 features like default screen recorder, better media controller, native smart home control, one-time permission to apps, security fixes via Google Play and others.
OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro and OnePlus Watch launch: How to watch the live stream
OnePlus 9 series smartphones will be launched via an event scheduled to start at 7:30 pm. This year the company will unveil three smartphones under the OnePlus 9 series — OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro and OnePlus 9R. OnePlus will also introduce its first smartwatch at the event today.
OnePlus 9 series phones to run on ColorOS in China
OnePlus 9 series smartphones will run Oppo’s ColorOS interface and not the HydrogenOS. For those unaware, the UI that is available in OnePlus phones is called HydrogenOS in China and OxygenOS.
Here is the complete changelog of the update:
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Since this is the upgrade of the Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster